Reference Verification Background Check
3rd Degree Screening can contact both personal and professional references to obtain more information than provided from a standard employment verification. Our standard reference check service is 10 questions and can be customized to fit your organization’s needs.
Standard Questions for Personal Reference Check:
- How long have you known the applicant?
- What is your relationship to the applicant?
- Have you ever worked with the applicant?
- If you have worked with the applicant, what was the applicant’s job and the nature of his/her duties?
- In terms of employment, what would you say are his/her greatest strengths?
- In your opinion, is the applicant a punctual employee?
- In your opinion, is the applicant a reliable employee?
- Would you hire this person? If so, why? If not, why not?
- In your opinion, does the applicant have good communication skills?
- In your opinion, does the applicant have good technical skills? If so, please explain?
Standard Questions for Professional Reference Check:
- How long have you known him/her?
- What was the applicant’s job and the nature of his/her duties?
- When he/she begins a task, would you say that he/she carries it through to completion?
- What would you say is his/her greatest strength?
- What could he/she do to improve their job performance?
- How did he/she show initiative or leadership in his/her job?
- Is he/she dependable?
- How did he/she get along with his/her associates?
- In your opinion, has he/she ever shown a propensity for violence or dishonesty in the workforce?
- In your opinion, if you were responsible for the hiring process, would you consider him/her eligible for rehire?