Reference Verification Background Check
3rd Degree Screening can contact both personal and professional references to obtain more information than provided from a standard employment verification. Our standard reference check service is 10 questions and can be customized to fit your organization’s needs.
Standard Questions for Personal Reference Check:
- How long have you known the applicant?
- What is your relationship to the applicant?
- Have you ever worked with the applicant?
- If you have worked with the applicant, what was the applicant’s job and the nature of his/her duties?
- In terms of employment, what would you say are his/her greatest strengths?
- In your opinion, is the applicant a punctual employee?
- In your opinion, is the applicant a reliable employee?
- Would you hire this person? If so, why? If not, why not?
- In your opinion, does the applicant have good communication skills?
- In your opinion, does the applicant have good technical skills? If so, please explain?
Standard Questions for Professional Reference Check:
- How long have you known him/her?
- What was the applicant’s job and the nature of his/her duties?
- When he/she begins a task, would you say that he/she carries it through to completion?
- What would you say is his/her greatest strength?
- What could he/she do to improve their job performance?
- How did he/she show initiative or leadership in his/her job?
- Is he/she dependable?
- How did he/she get along with his/her associates?
- In your opinion, has he/she ever shown a propensity for violence or dishonesty in the workforce?
- In your opinion, if you were responsible for the hiring process, would you consider him/her eligible for rehire?
Establishing trust with a new employee is no easy thing to do. It’s a slow process that starts with a good interview and evolves into a smooth and easy transition into the workplace. Usually, it’s followed by them showing you their ability in your industry and making you feel good in your hiring decision. But there’s far more to it than just ensuring the interview goes well. If you’re going to trust your new employee, you’ll need to know that they haven’t lied to you right out the door.
Invest in a High-Quality Background Check From 3rd Degree Screening
All of our background checks offer the highest level of transparency on all of your potential hires. If you’re looking to be sure that the individual you’re investing in and trusting in is who they say they are, reach out to us to discuss our background check packages and how we can customize them to fit your business and your industry’s needs now.