Consent-Based SSN Verification Background Check
Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Consent Based Social Security Number Verification (CBSV) service was developed in 2002 to protect vital business interests. It mitigates fraud and identity theft while reducing losses, as well as the chance of hiring bad or negligent hires, and unauthorized workers and applicants.
CBSV Service Offers:
- Direct access to the SSA Master File and Death Index for all business purposes.
- Instant, online validation of personal identifiers like name, SSN date of birth, gender, and death indicator.
- The most accurate results from official governmental sourced records.
- The best way to get verification results from the “SSN randomization” which began June 2011.
- ID theft and fraud frotection.
- Compliance component for regulatory requirements (FTC Red Flags Rule, CIP, KYC, Fannie Mae Loan Quality Initiative, Dodd-Frank Protection Act, and more.)
During this background check we utilize the validation methods used for:
- Employment (prehire- and post-hire)
- Depository accounts
- Fraud investigations
This specific search requires specific SSA Release Form to be Signed (electronic signatures not accepted by the SSA)
The form, if needed, can be found here: