PSP Crash Inspection History
The Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP) allows carriers, individual drivers, and industry service providers to review the safety records of commercial drivers. These records are obtained directly from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS). MCMIS is a federal government database and is separate from the state data sources used to generate Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs).
A PSP report contains the following:
- Driver’s most recent 5 years of crash data
- Driver’s most recent 3 years of roadside inspection data
- Date of each crash or inspection
- Location where each crash or inspection occured
- Motor carrier who was employing the driver at the time of each crash or inspection
- Safety details for each crash including injuries, fatalities, and tow-aways
- Whether a vehicle was placed out of service following a crash or inspection
If you’d like to see an example, you can view a sample PSP report here.