If you believe that any information in your background check report or file is inaccurate or incomplete, then you may file a dispute with 3rd Degree Screening for free. We will promptly investigate the specific information or records that you are disputing. If you need assistance identifying the specific data that you want to dispute, we also have trained customer service representatives to help.

Depending on the nature, scope, and source of the information being disputed, the investigation process could take up to 30 days, but generally we will have disputed information expedited and resolved within 24 to 48 hours.

To start the process, please fill out and submit the form below.

Dispute The Accuracy of Your Report Form

  • Identification

  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY

  • Contact

  • What information are you disputing?


    Defendant - This is not my record

    Case Severity Type - The case severity type (e.g, "felony" or "misdemeanor") reported is inaccurate

    Offense Date - The offense date reported is inaccurate

    Offense - The offense (e.g., disorderly conduct) reported is inaccurate

    Disposition Date - The case disposition date (e.g., conviction date) reported is inaccurate

    Disposition - The case disposition (e.g., "guilty of disorderly conduct") reported is inaccurate

    Other - If none of the above

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

If you are unable to access or complete the form, if you would prefer to submit your dispute by telephone or regular mail, or if you require additional assistance, please contact 3rd Degree Screening Customer Service:

3rd Degree Screening Customer Service
Telephone: 1-855-256-4251 (Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 5:30 pm Central Time)
Fax: 866-551-4908
3rd Degree Screening
Attn: Compliance Department
100 East Broadway, Suite 201
Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Upon request, 3rd Degree Screening will provide you with a free copy of your file report(s). You are entitled to such information by law. If you need assistance identifying the specific information/records that you want to dispute, then it may be helpful for you to first request a free copy of your file report(s), but it is not necessary for you to do so.

Additional Information